OPEN: Implementation Engineer - CCNA
JOB TITLE: Implementation Engineer - CCNA
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Carrier Operations
DEPARTMENT: Service Delivery
vCom Solutions, Inc. is a Telecom Management Service Provider focused on helping businesses reduce their communication costs, while simplifying the management of those services. We manage our clients’ entire telecom lifecycle, including design, procurement, customer service, technical support, and bill consolidation. We provide our customers with a true single point of contact for all their communication needs, nationwide. We are delivering innovative voice, data, and technology solutions to the small and medium size business, while taking the burden of managing these complex telecommunication solutions off of the business. This will allow our clients to focus on their core business, while we manage their communications portfolio, focusing on eliminating upfront capital expenditures, and reducing monthly recurring fees.
vCom Solutions, Inc. is seeking an Implementation Engineer (IE). The IE is a liaison between vCom Solutions, and carriers in managing installations of local, long distance, Internet, and data services. The IE is responsible for working with vCom’s Carriers, Service Providers, client vendors, and the Operations team on the implementation, documentation and support of services sold to clients. The IE is also responsible for outlining a post-sales implementation strategy for the operational team to implement on behalf of the customer. This strategy includes maintaining and updating a full implementation plan including a scope of work, testing plan, carrier and technology red flags as well as understanding and addressing all customer requirements obtained from customer meetings/calls.
- Prepare and submit Internet, MPLS, VPLS, SIP and other data Add, Move and Change orders
- Coordinate new service and installation dates with vCom’s Project Coordination team and Carriers
- Manage the Test and Turn Up process, working with Carrier technicians and engineers, as well as client hardware vendors, technicians, or IT vendors.
- Ensure that all clients’ milestones and deliverables are met in a timely manner, including time sensitive moves, new products, including time sensitive orders
- Work with the vCom Team to continuously evaluate whether anything is prohibiting the commitments outlined during the sales process from being met in a timely manner, based on the timeline expected by and promised to the client
- Work with vCom customers on troubleshooting problems with newly installed services
- Maintain thorough and detailed documentation of orders, communication with carriers or vendors, test and turn up, and follow up action items, in vCom’s OSS applications
- Assist in maintaining an accurate client inventory
- Work with vCom Sales Engineering to transition the project from sales to operations which includes a transfer of ownership on a customer and carrier scope of work, customer requirements, carrier requirements, testing and implementation plan
- Great understanding of enterprise networking technologies: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, routing, switching and firewalls
- Obsession with finding the root cause of the problem, not just the immediate solution
- Understanding of both layer 2 switching an layer 3 routing
- Basic experience with IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IS-IS
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in telecommunication technologies including Local, Long Distance, Data, Internet and high cap services preferred
- 2+ years of MPLS, VPLS, and SIP experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with various carriers including facilities-based and non-facilities-based CLECs, and ILECs; experience with large/national connectivity providers preferred
- Experience with Resale provisioning and carrier escalation with the 4 Regional Operating Companies preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge of the basic interconnect environments, including telephony, networking and other data and/or telecommunications systems and implementation services preferred
- Demonstrated experience with client relations and CPE vendor interface preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced networking experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Self-motivated, with high learning aptitude, and initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- CCNA certification a plus
- BA/BS strongly preferred
The successful applicant will enjoy a learning environment with exposure to advanced applications, and a high-energy work place. Company offers a competitive compensation package and actively encourages professional development.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of vCom Solutions, Inc. is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. vCom Solutions hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.