A collection of impressive IT professionals from around the country joined The Channel Company’s Spring Midsize Enterprise Summit (MES) this past week in Orlando, FL. And coming as no surprise to us as annual sponsors, this event does not disappoint. In fact, it was full of the vim and vigor that we’ve become accustomed to seeing and hearing at MES.
Here, high level decision makers are isolated from the distractions of every day office life. They are able to stop, listen, and act on the problems they face daily. Vendors were in full force with substance to help shed light on the ever-evolving challenges and market trends. Topics covered ranged from SD-WAN, convergence infrastructure, software, IT spend management, cloud and data computing, and so much more.
More than 200 CIOs and IT leaders connected with solution provider counterparts. Going with tradition, organized boardroom presentations (which we #love) were highly attended. We met up with thought-provoking and experienced participants, both on the vendor and client sides. Besides showing product demos and giving company pitches, we also got a chance to really get to know some of these folks; we learned from them and they learned from us. And sometimes if we were lucky, we made great new friends. As far as events go, this casual, low-key gathering is one of our favorites!
One thing we have found in attending IT events is that regardless of location or industry, IT leaders face 4 common challenges: Complexity, Cost, Visibility and Resources to manage IT projects. Our software & services focus on the solution to all of these problems and more, which we are always excited to share with attendees.
Here are a few things we’ve learned and some highlights from MES:
- Finalist for 3 prized nominations in the following award categories:
- Best Solution Provider
- Best Software
- Best Boardroom Presentation
- vCom has game changing software! That’s what we heard (and we like to toot our own horn).
- Show and tell is not just for kids! Boardroom presentations are a great format to inform, capture attention, and evoke action. With roughly only 30 mins to do so, you’d better have it dialed in; it is not for the timid.
- Road Warriors Unite – Speaking of timid, our business development team has some serious girrrl power, not shying away from balancing content and showmanship. Way to go Beth and Liz!
- Happy customers like Dion from Meyer Corporation, Andy at Oregon Mutual, and William at Skyline Displays are valued partners with lots to say. Huge thank-you to all of them for sharing with others their honest experience as customers of vCom!
- Rooftop gathering – We hosted a fun evening after hours at the Bar 17 Bistro, talking about technology and admiring the gorgeous views of Orlando from the 17th
A special shout out to all of the event award winners (way to go!), and a big thank-you to the organizers and enterprises that joined us. We appreciate all that you do and look forward to the MES Security Summit in the Fall!