In October, vCom attended COMPTEL PLUS 2015 in San Francisco, California. Karen Weller, Sameer Hilal, Heather Faison, Bob Barnes, Jason Sicat, and Jeff Hillin participated in this telecommunications industry event to learn about the latest innovations and trends and to meet with our carrier partners as we continue to develop our relationships.
Scheduling meetings with our carriers who were in town for the conference proved productive and we were able to meet with almost a dozen carriers over two days. Our meetings helped us progress our relationships with the carriers, align on current customer-specific matters, and review the carriers’ growing technologies and capabilities. Carriers shared their 12-month strategies, products, territory expansions, and promotions. We advised the carriers on our strategy and our customers’ needs for the coming year. These conversations directly impact our customers as we are able to better deliver on their communications needs, ensure carrier alignment, and apply our learnings to optimize our customers’ communications environments.
We capped off our participation at COMPTEL PLUS 2015 with a Vendor Appreciation Event at Press Club, during which we recognized several key partners for our successes over the past year.
- Project of the Year – CenturyLink’s Don Meyer and Jason Stehling for an MPLS project for a major equipment supplier
- Service of the year – CenturyLink’s Ken Beck and Scott Jamieson for outstanding service and support of the service delivery team
- Account Manager of the Year – Sprint’s Tony Rivera for the contract re-negotiation for a major logistics company
- Highest Carrier Scorecard – TelePacific Wholesale, Kelsey Forsyth, Jennifer Contreras and David Chui for outstanding service and support
- Most Improved Customer Support – TelePacific Retail, Steve Mooney for a community bank based in California