Storm’s Top 8 Takeaways from SaaStr 2018
It was my first time at SaaStr last week and thought it was a fantastic show. I learned a ton we can use as we focus on getting our SaaS platform in the hands of more customers.
Here are my top 8 takeaways from SaaStr 2018 for achieving our SaaS goals:
- Don’t focus on revenue, focus on value to your customer and measure it. Also, focus on engagement and measure it. Do this right and the revenue will come!
- Fall in love with the problem, not the solution.
- Is your product a vitamin or an Aspirin?
- What is the first “aha” moment of the customer? Focus on, and prioritize the onboarding process.
- Test first, before you spend too much time.
- Make sure to clearly present value so when contacts leave and new people come in they can “see it.”
- Ask the customer how will we know if we are successful in 3, 6, 9 months? Document and measure.
- Incubate, separate quotas for, and incentivize new products.
– Gary Storm, President & CEO