Manage inventory and provision services for tens of thousands of devices across 40 locations, cutting costs by 50%
Sentinel is one of America’s largest providers of electronic monitoring services and technologies. The company distributes tens of thousands of loT-enabled ankle bracelets every year from 40 locations nationwide.
Sentinel needed a scalable, cost efficient tool that delivered visibility into devices and spend.
- Reams of invoices from carriers were used to track and manage each device.
- Fixed contract rate plans for its devices, limiting its ability to modify plans as their needs changed.
- No reporting on inventory or cost, and no way to automatically place orders.
- Limited visibility and no alerts tracking individual device usage. Paying for monitoring units regardless of activation date.
Devices managed by vCom
Carriers managed by vCom
Spend managed by vCom
Working with vCom
- vCom and Sentinel went on to develop an enhanced monitoring platform, introducing Bluetooth, WiFi and 4G/LTE to improve geolocation.
- vCom deployed a cloud-based platform enabling Sentinel to track devices deep inside large facilities and while roaming.
vCom provides solutions and assists in areas that I previously would have never thought to ask about. It’s a one-stop shop for almost every IT management service that you can think of, and then some.