Manage inventory and provision services for tens of thousands of devices across 40 locations, cutting costs by 50%
Sentinel is one of America’s largest providers of electronic monitoring services and technologies. The company distributes tens of thousands of loT-enabled ankle bracelets every year from 40 locations nationwide.
Sentinel needed a scalable, cost efficient tool that delivered visibility into devices and spend.
- Reams of invoices from carriers were used to track and manage each device.
- Fixed contract rate plans for its devices, limiting its ability to modify plans as their needs changed.
- No reporting on inventory or cost, and no way to automatically place orders.
- Limited visibility and no alerts tracking individual device usage. Paying for monitoring units regardless of activation date.
Devices under management
Carriers under management
Spend under management
Working with vCom
- vCom and Sentinel went on to develop an enhanced monitoring platform, introducing Bluetooth, WiFi and 4G/LTE to improve geolocation.
- vCom deployed a cloud-based platform enabling Sentinel to track devices deep inside large facilities and while roaming.
vCom provides solutions and assists in areas that I previously would have never thought to ask about. It’s a one-stop shop for almost every IT management service that you can think of, and then some.